July 2016 Favourites



I got to start this post with - I truly have been the worst blogger. I have not been posting consistently, post are being too sporadic and looking back at my previous post - there were too similar with each other. July has been a month where I took some time to look back through all my previous post and reflect on what changes that needs to take place. I believe that there are more that I could improve on. But a plan has been put in place (technically in my mind) and waiting to be executed. I am dedicated to bringing more consistent and engaging content. Thus, to start off with, a July favorites post is in order. 

Beauty favourites


Skincare
Few months back, I tried a small sample of this eye cream and really enjoyed using it. Only when I did a little traveling this month that I manage to get a hold of the full size from Duty Free. Since being back into my daily night time routine, I remembered why I enjoyed it. It helps to reduce puffiness, minimizes the fine lines, reduces dark eyes circles as well as keeping my eyes hydrated. The blend of the essential oils helps to keep my nerves calm and ready for a goodnight sleep. A definite worthy mention as a favorites!

Makeup
For the first time, I got my brows professionally done. The makeup artist used this eyebrow pencil on me and it was really easy to use. So I decided that I needed to retire my Nyx eyebrow cake palette and venture out more onto different brow products. I have been using this since then and I truly have been loving it. The pencil is sharpened into a specific shape that works really well to fill in your brows. The pigmentation is just the right amount of consistency and a fair hand when filling in the brows is the best. It's smudge proof and last all day. If I were to choose to only do one part of my makeup, it would be my brows! 


3. Nyx blusher in PB06 Peach
I have been gravitating to this blusher throughout this entire month, and it literally lives in my makeup bag. Together with Real Techniques multipurpose brush, these duo is just perfect. A swirl of the brush and a light sweep onto the cheeks gives a really natural flush to the look. A solid natural blush color that is suitable for an everyday look. 

4. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Pencil in 014 Wild Clover
As I gravitate to a more natural makeup look this pencil has been a good compliment. A tint of color to the lips is the cherry on top. Wild Clover is a nice muave color. Filling in the lips and blending it out with my fingers gives it a nice natural lip color. 

Non beauty

1. Harry Potter and the cursed child
I felt that this is worth a mention as a favorites for this month, even though it came out on 31st July. I have been waiting patiently for the release for the entire month and I'm over the moon when I manage to get hold of a copy. I finished this throughout a 4-days read and it's a love hate relationship. I am happy that there's another Harry Potter book, but there are some plot holes that I wish it to be more elaborated, and some scenes don't make sense. I might just reserve my thoughts to a full length review. 


What are your favorites this month? 

Leave me your comments below and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin and send me some tweets

Disclaimer:- All the products seen above is purchased with my own money or gifted and is not sponsored unless stated otherwise. This review is intended to share information with my readers and are my own opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram